Monday, May 11, 2009

Let's get physical, I mean organized...

While at the scrapbook retreat put on by The Scrapbook Hideaway Gina had a ton of plastic boxes (but larger than the link) and Jami had a ton of jars in her work space. Every embellishment was color coordinated, from brads to large tags. And if you are like me you appreciate that. So far in my work space paper, ink, cardstock, ribbon, my clothes are even organized by color. Why this has never made sense to me before is beyond me. I have organized by theme (christmas, travel, etc) well that doesn't help me if I am looking for something red. It also doesn't help me if I don't know I have something red because it is so hard to find so I never use it and just continue to buy more product. So more organized and using up product I already own- win win! So how are you winning at orgainzing and using product?

I feel as though I am really making progress. I have went from this...


to this...













Organization accomplished:


  • Embellishments coordinated in bags by color (currently I have 15 colors). Not thrilled on the whole idea of bags, but it will do until I find out what I really want.



  • All keepsake items bagged by year. This is just the beginning. I still want to get them lined up with the coordinating photos I already have printed.

Organization that needs to be accomplished:



  • Store all alterable items in categories: ready to be altered, ready to be recreated, and ready for not quite sure what

  • Patterened paper color coordinated. Since moving it is a bit outta sorts.

1 comment:

Kharlie Bug said...

wow look at you all tidy and organized. I wanna come play in your basement :D Wait, your stuff is in your basement right?! Otherwise that just sounds creepy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...