Thursday, April 26, 2007

Be a hero.

Why not? Today I was able to save three lives! Talk about a good day. I donated blood at work. No I didn't get a horrific paper cut or fall down as many of you could imagine me doing. It is amazing to what you can do in one hour. There were a TON of people at this blood drive, including the head representative for Luke Air Force base. I had the privilege of talking to him and asked him a bunch of questions as I drank my berry juice box and ate the mini lemon cookies. What he told me is they set their goals low so they can achieve them with no problem but they barely break even. I told him I have heard of blood drives but really never donated until I joined the military. He said most say they have never done it because they were never asked. So now I am asking you. Click on donate, find your state and put in your zip code. Many blood drives will come up and I guarantee one will be near you! I always knew someone would see me as a hero. Our rep at work has donated OVER 19 GALLONS of blood!!!! Not in one sitting, so don't freak out. She has inspired me to do it as much as I can. Go ahead donate and tell me when you do it!
https://www.bloodhero.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go! I have donated blood in the past. I stopped because they called constantly. I filled out the paperwork saying send me an email or snail mail reminder. That did not happen. Reading your blog may inspire me to start it up again. Again Way to Go, Lindsey!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...