Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Book It!

Oh the library. My sister and I would LOVE to go to the library when we were little. We were allowed to check out 26 books. And my Mom said if we could carry them, we could check that many out. We would look like Gus Gus carrying our books out to the car!  We would read into the night, my Mom would practically have to take our light bulbs away to make us go to sleep!

I want Eli to have the same love for the library, mainly books, and reading. He already loves book and we are slowly making his way through his collection. I check out a cute book for him when I pick up an audio book (Stanford Library has a great audio collection) or some book that has caught my interest. I get the bug to read a book by others, whether it’s someone I know or a person I think I know because I follow them in blogland. Currently I have a load of books from the Great Falls and Stanford Library and a few from my personal collection.

In true fashion of marking off #6 READ. I am read The Creative Habit by Twyla Tharp as suggested from The Paper Clipping Round Table.  She is a dance choreographer in NYC, but relates to any one interested in creativity.


See, even Eli enjoyed it!  He already loves books.  I am still pecking away on James and the Giant Peach with him.  There are so many other books to read I forget about nibbling away at this favorite.  But then Eli literally nibbles on it and that reminds me!

A Designer’s Eye for Scrapbooking by Ali Edwards. What can I say I LOVE this gal and anything she has to say I will read or listen to. It’s become such an obsession I had a dream that she invited me to her house for an event and her bathroom was under construction. Of course since it was a dream and things are always weird she told me to pee in her dresser drawer. And since it is a dream and things always get weirder I did! Eeeew. So it’s safe to say that I will never be invited to one of Ali’s events because of my bad manners. Geez, what does that mean!? Dream dictionary anyone?
The Miracle of Mindfulness by Thich Nhat Hahn.  Being in the present moment is not one of my strong suits. I can look into the future like a pro and over analyze the past like a crazy person. This book is good for me. This book is what I need right now…in the present moment.

On deck are these bad boys pictured above.  And  if that wasn't already enough I picked up Anne Frank, The Art of a Thank You and A New Earth at the Stanford Library.  Any good books on your nightstand?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...